Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2011 Season Wrap Up

Wow, what a phenomenal racing season, it has been so much fun! On Sunday, I conquered my last of Three World Championships this season:
Ironman 70.3 – 3 place age group 20-24 female
Ironman -8 place age group 20-24 female
Xterra – World Champion age group 20-24 female
United Airlines Double Female Winner- Fastest combined Ironman and Xterra time for amateur female. I finished my last race on Sunday.
I was the only female in the world this year to finish all three World Championships!
I couldn’t have done it without my amazing Sponsors: LifeQuest Transitions and Wheat Ridge Cyclery! It was so gratifying to not only do all these races but to also race for a cause and gain awareness of invisible wounds! Thank you again to everyone who donated to the Ironman Foundation for LifeQuest!
Lastly, I want to thank my family and friend. Your support, love, prayers is what carried me through this season. It has been six months of constant racing, several Saturday and Sunday back to back races which takes a toll on the body and mind. However, because of all the inspiration I received from the soldiers at LifeQuest and the uplifting motivation from my friends and unending love of my family it was an extremely successful season. With God at my side and guiding me throughout this incredible journey, I knew it was bound to be unforgettable!

Philippians 4:13 - (NIV) 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

1 comment: