Sunday, October 16, 2011

Xterra Worlds- Oh Baby!!! Bring it on!!!

Now it is time for the Xterra World Championship in Maui, October 23! This is a whole new breed of Triathlon. Xterra is an off road triathlon, which means a rough open water swim in this case the ocean, mountain biking various terrains, finally running dirt trail, sandy beaches, over rocks, roots and even lava rock. Xterra is considered significantly more anaerobic then regular triathlon with punchy hills, and obstacles that shoot your heart rate up instantly.  This course is said not to be technical but still extremely difficult with vast amounts of climbing both on the bike and run. I cannot wait! I am super excited to see the course and race my final race of my season. I hope to cap it off the 2011 season with a fantastic race!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I know that this race is going to be so fantastic for you! Lots of love and prayers on my end!

    ReplyDelete